Events

from the commission

Posted by DMT On March 6

Send Message View Discussions

SHANGHAI, March 15 (Xinhua) -- More than 60 chain stores and restaurants in Shanghai's two airports and Disneyland on Wednesday vowed to keep prices on par with those in their other outlets in the city, following pressure from Shanghai's price regulator.

The Shanghai Development and Reform Commission said that it had received a great deal of consumer complaints that dining in these areas were often much more expensive than other places.

Under pressure from the commission, the outlets, owned by more than 20 international food chains and convenient stores, including Costa, KFC, McDonald's, Subway, Pacific Coffee and Family Mart, in the Pudong and Hongqiao international airports and Shanghai Disney Resort, joined together in a campaign named "same city, same price."

Wednesday coincides with World Consumer Rights Day, when China launches its annual campaign to raise attention for consumers rights.

The Shanghai commission said that it would continue to play a leading role in protecting consumer rights, inviting the public and companies to get involved.

The commission also urged big shopping malls, including building material and furniture wholesale stores B&Q and IKEA, to be wary of cheating on price, requiring the firms to repay and compensate consumers when they pay more than the prices promoted at the stores.

The safety of genetically modified (GM) technology can be controlled and no case has been reported to be unsafe Cheap Air Max 90 Online , a senior agricultural official said at a press conference on the sidelines of the National People's Congress session in Beijing on Tuesday.

GM products that were approved by the government are as safe as the non-GM products, Zhang Taolin, vice minister of agriculture, said at the conference.

Zhang stressed that the country's policy on GM technology has been consistent, news site people reported.

In fact Cheap Air Max Online , 28 countries plant GM crops and another 37 countries and regions import GM products, Zhang said, adding that there have been no reports of safety problems.

"We are dedicated to conducting research and pursuing independent innovation, while being cautious in promoting application to ensure the food safety," Zhang noted.

Zhang's comments came after an incident in which a post containing a proposal by Cui Yongyuan Cheap Nike Air Max 1 Shoes , a former China Central Television host and a member of the Chinese People's Political Consultative Conference, China's top political advisory body, about the safety regulation on genetically engineered organism (GEO) was deleted on Sina Weibo on Sunday.

Cui reposted the proposal on his Weibo account on Tuesday.

He argued that the GEO technology - although it does not introduce foreign genes as opposed to GM technology - can also pose threats to human beings and the environment, so it should be strictly regulated and screened before being planted for commercial purposes.

As GEO crops are likely to be excluded from the lists of GM crops, they should not be allowed to bypass regulations and go to dining tables directly Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Shoes , he urged in the post.

NAIROBI, Aug. 25 (Xinhua) -- An attempt to double at the Olympics Games in 2012 cost World 10,000m champion Vivian Cheruiyot the gold medal in London.

Cheruiyot opted to take her frustration away from the track and use the time to review her case and give birth to her first.

But three years since she won silver (5,000m) and bronze (10,000m) in London Cheap Nike Air Max Shoes , Cheruiyot announced her return to form in Beijing with a magnificent run to win the 10,000m race and reclaim the title she last won in Daegu, 2013.

"This is my real comeback. I had many thoughts in my head during the race but I told myself I want to win, no matter how hard it is," said Cheruiyot after winning her gold medal.

"It is even more precious now after I became a mother a year ago. I dedicate this medal to my son. I am not going to double here Cheap Air Max 1 Shoes , this is it. I will run in Zurich (Diamond League in September) and then want to get ready to fight for a medal in Rio."

Her coach and husband Moses Kiplagat believes that their loss in London will be repaid in Rio in 2016 as Cheruiyot goes for the only medal missing in her collection before she goes a gear-up to marathon starting 2017.

"In Rio, she is going for gold medal. We have planned for that and her training will be done with that in mind. But we also know that she is to move up to marathon, but that can wait until after the Olympics," Kiplagat said on Tuesday from Beijing.

"In Beijing, without Tirunesh Dibaba of Ethiopia Cheap Air Max 90 Shoes , it was always going to be her, because I had seen how committed she was in training, and winning in Beijing was just the icing on the cake. The hard work was done in training," he added.

Cheruiyot became the second athlete, after Dibaba Cheap Air Max Shoes , to win multiple medals in the women's 10,000m at the World Championships.

It was also a good reward for Cheruiyot, whose only other performance in Beijing was in 2008 at the Olympic Games, where she finished a distant fifth in the 5,000m race.

Meanwhile Cheap Nike Air Max 1 Outlet , Kenya is still hurting from the loss of the men's marathon team, who despite being favourite on paper, saw Paris Marathon champion Mark Korir struggle to finish in position 22 while his two colleagues, World Marathon record holder Dennis Kimetto and New York Marathon winner Wilson Kipsang, failed to finish.

The two have since come out to explain their predicaments in Beijing.

"When I got to the 30km-mark Cheap Nike Air Max 90 Outlet , I could not go farther. I said let me save myself. The sun, the heat was too much. I was burning and I couldn't even breathe. I tried to gasp for air nothing was going in," said Kipsang.

"I am used to running in cooler conditions but something like 30 degrees was too much. It destroyed us," said Kimetto.

Head coach Julius Kirwa said they will in future change the selection criteria for the marathon. He also. Cheap Jerseys China   Cheap Jerseys Shop   Cheap Jerseys Free Shipping   Cheap NFL Jerseys China   Cheap NFL Jerseys   Cheap NFL Jerseys   Cheap Authentic NFL Jerseys   Cheap NFL Jerseys From China   Cheap NFL Football Jerseys   Wholesale Jerseys 

Report this discussion

Replies to This Discussion